One of my favorite sites on the net to keep up with new gear is SoundsAndGear.com if you sign up for his email list you get a bunch of free wav samples. There are drums, some chops and some playable instruments. I loaded up a bunch of the free samples into kits and playable instruments for Logic’s EXS sampler. You can download all the EXS Sampler Instruments files here. You will also need the actual wav samples which you can get by going to SoundsAndGear.com. We are also going to be adding some more free sounds and stuff to the DrumsandSound.com site soon…
The actual wav samples can be any place on your hard drive and Logic will find them. The EXS sampler instruments files must be placed in your Sampler Instruments Folder.
1. You can find this folder by going to your Macintosh Hard Drive.
2. Next open up the folder that say Library.
3. Next open the file that says Application Support.
4. Next the folder that says Logic
5. And finally the folder that says Sampler Instruments.
6. Drag the EXS files you downloaded to this folder.
7. When you open up the EXS instrument and browse your sounds you will now see these new EXS Sampler Instruments in there.
By the way if you haven’t already signed up for our email list make sure you do it now. You get free sounds and updates on new tutorials and tips.